: Fashion Spilt :

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

People might be too compromising. I simply don't understand why everyone loves everything fashion magazines present. It's time to be critical and stop being fed with all those marketing stories. Maybe I am in the marketing field and totally understand how it works. The whole brand image is the first thing that impresses you. The second thing is the product/service quality that the brand delivers. The benchmarking is very important as it is what you use to 'judge' if the product is good or not - at least to check if they are up to your expectation (manipulated by marketers).


Well, I think these pictures in Italian Vogue looks awful. Undoubtedly, the oil spilt is a big thing. Can it be applied to the fashion photoshoot? Yes. But can it be presented in a more artistic way? Yes. I totally understand the art director might want to arouse readers' attention towards this incident and trigger re-thinking. But if I were the brand that were featured in this shooting, I would definitely complain. Put yourself in their shoes... not gonna feel alright.







4 comments:

anwa said...

I think that this would have been a beautiful shoot if it'd been an actual social/artistic commentary and not a plug for capitalism -- because, I mean, isn't capitalism in a way what caused this spill?

gglush said...

yea/////
and what's more, people are actually making big money out of the spill too.
well, I don't understand anymore...

Zabrinah's Blog said...

Very bold statements you made here! I'm very impressed with that and your blog in general. It's one of a kind!

And yes, that editorial really .... I suppose, it scared me the first I saw it. It was a little too grotesque for my taste.

Best wishes from one blogger to another,

~Zabrinah

gglush said...

Thanks Zabrinah!
Hope you like my posts.

Btw, your blog is intriguing!!


Best wishes to you too =)

G.

Post a Comment